Thursday, November 11, 2010

Men of God

The family and its warming spirit engulfed around the table. The spirit, the love, the heat. The sense in our hearts we feel today we pray to stay this way. The world out side is a different thing. Oh how it has changed. "Noah, I remember when I was a kid. Just like you. I would go to ball games with my pop. Oh those days. I remember the first time I threw a baseball, the first time I loved someone. My how I'd love to be a kid again. We'll step into the stadium to play our game, it comes and goes. The game ends at a time everyone knows it will. As if it were a movie. They said that years ago these games were played with out anticipation of when they'd end. Noah do you know how old I am?" The tables environment turns red, a red mist, a red wash. "Yeah grandpa, you're sixty." Darker it grows, it changes. "Well Noah I have to go, I might not be back for a while. But I promise you'll see me again." A string is broken, a string is burned. "Where are you going grandpa, wait, why is everyone crying, mom, dad?" Shear darkness. "Noah, I'm going to see new things. I'm going to be released." The door closes. "Mr. Richard, it's time for your release."

No comments:

Post a Comment