Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Racing, Crashing, Red, Monster of a Car


*This is a satirical response to a proclaimed writer Jonathan Swift. I have much respect for this writer, however the mood I was in today called for some fun. So here it is, my satirical mirror to Jonathan Swift's poem A Satirical Elegy on a Late Famous General.*

His car! So beautiful! and, red!
So fast it flew, that's what he said!
And could that wondrous vehicle crash,
In such a massive crazy silver ash?
Well, since it's gone, with such a wow,
The next new car must drive up now;
And, trust me, as its rumble grows louder,
It will crash and become slender powder.
Although this beast is so bold,
Its burning tire will one day fold.
His car, I think, is pretty nice,
Is being sold at such a low price!
I thought there must be something this car lacks,
That's why I said, show me the car fax.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha that was really funny! You did a really good job with doing a satire off of your poet. It was really good and it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the show me the car fax at the end. however, i would include the poem of which this is based off in the post. at the top would be good. it would make it easier to compare the two.

    ReplyDelete